Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do-It-Yourself

I went to buy silk flowers at Ben Franklin, a large assortment of various flowers. With the membership card, it gave us 10% off on items at the checkout. We bought glass cylinders at Walmart at their good prices and pink gingers at Flora-Dec. The silk flowers are far cheaper than fresh flowers, in fact. My family and I made bridesmaid bouquets and table centerpieces.

I also bought lauhala favors and orchids that were sold by Creations By You on Liliha Street. Believe it or not, we made more than 300 favors. In about a month prior to the wedding, we placed one fortune of cookie with a message in each lauhala box. Not only the lauhala favors, I also purchased lauhala money box, lauhala guest book, pen, lauhala flower basket, and lauhala ring bearer.

For the formal invitations, I actually designed the invitations myself. It was a lot of work, but was worth it. James and my family helped me cutting the coupons for drinks and invitations. I ordered the specialty papers on Papers and More and the pocket cards on Cards and Pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment