Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Meeting The Wedding Vendors

I researched a lot through many wedding vendors. I found a site about Anthony Consillio, a professional photographer. I negotiated with him about lowering the costs, and he accepted my best offer with a few bucks off and a complimentary photo album for $800. $800 was a good deal for a full day, unlimited copies and a complimentary photo album. He actually did a lot of good shots!

I also met a videographer, Sam, a friend of my cousin. He discounted $2,000 to $1,000 for a full package as long as he knows my cousin Lani since high school. He captured the stunning videos!

Moreover, I hired a wedding coordinator, Sharon Orbitz because I just needed her to work everything out with Rev. Chris Cain and follow up with the schedule on the big day and keep in touch with all my vendors and ensure my wedding so perfect.

I deposit $500 in order to reserve DeRussy Hall. The second deposit of 75% repayment was due within two days before the wedding. The final bill came in on the wedding. Within six weeks prior to the big day, there was an important meeting regarding the buffet menu and everything what I needed to get it done. Within two days of the day, everything had to be turned in: table diagram, beverage coupons, favors, centerpieces, etc.

My husband and I went to Pastries Bakery on King Street. The cakes were so beautiful yet expensive. We tasted five different flavors and fillings, such as chocolate, guava, lilikoi, strawberry, red velvet, and etc. However, we decided not to order a cake from them because Hale Koa Hotel will charge $30 if I want to bring in my cake. They would provide the complimentary knife for my cake and not charge me if I order their cake and serve cakes to the guests at no extra fee. They gave us one free night, complimentary cake knife and ice sculpture. Fantastic! Ice sculpture would be included for free if I had over 250 guests. It happened! It was stunning and breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment